Founded in 2017 by Steph Locke — a Microsoft Data Platform MVP and experienced data scientist — Locke Data is a consultancy aimed at helping people get the most out of their data. We want to help organisations gain the necessary skills and experience needed to build a successful data science capability.
We’ll work with your organisation to ensure we offer the right services to solve your business problem, but typical services include:
- Technical leadership on data projects
- Data science process and team workflow development
- Data Science Readiness Reviews
- Training and mentoring programmes
- Independent audits and ethics reviews
- Recruitment assistance
Steph Locke is a Microsoft Data Platform MVP with a decade of business intelligence and data science experience.
Having worked in a variety of industries (including finance, utilities, insurance, and cyber-security,) Steph has tackled a wide range of business challenges with data.
Among others, Steph has…
- Built intelligent real-time rate-for-risk pricing models,
- Created systems for predicting who isn’t going to pay their mortgage,
- Designed anomaly detection platforms for web activity,
- And created models for predicting products cross-sale opportunities.
Through these and many other projects, Steph has tackled a wide array of technical challenges.
Furthermore, Steph’s built teams, developed processes, and sat on high-level committees; helping to align data teams to business strategy.
Helping people use their data more effectively has been Steph Locke’s passion for a long time.
Steph was awarded the MVP Data Platform award from Microsoft, as a result of organising training and sharing her knowledge with the technical community.
Steph has a broad background in the Microsoft Data Platform and Azure. She’s equally conversant with open source tools; from databases like MySQL and PostgreSQL, to analytical languages like R and Python.
Steph is able to advise and contribute to building your entire data platform, including the applications capturing data, building data platforms, data analysis, and delivering operational data science models.
This breadth of knowledge and experience ensures Steph can get to the heart of a business’ data problems and solve it effectively.
Steph Locke – key links
- Twitter: @SteffLocke
- LinkedIn: uk.linkedin.com/in/stephanielocke
- Github: github.com/StephLocke
- MVP: Stephanie Locke
Locke Data community activities
We love presenting and have spoken around the world at great events, and you can see what we have coming up in Upcoming events.
Follow this link to see where we’ll be presenting in the future, and check out the links below for some recent slide decks.
- Data + Docker = Disconbobulating?
- Agile BI
- Anchor Modelling: Sixth Normal Form databases for agile database development
- Implementing analytics in your applications
- Intro to R
- R in the Microsoft Data Platform
- Skilling up to code with data
You can also watch past SQLBits presentations
Locke Data Limited
Locke Data is a registered limited liability company based in the UK.
Registered address: Henstaff Court, Llantrisant Road, Groesfaen, Wales, CF72 8NG Company number: 10538640