Dear South Wales & Bristol readers: I need your help
I need your help.
Battle of the Beards is an annual tech event in Cardiff that’s previously been an evening affair but is now a day-long conference. We’re hosting half-hour talks on security, infrastructure, software craftmanship, front-end development, and data visualisation. We’re starting out the day with bacon baps and it just gets better from there. Tickets cost £15 and there’s the option to add a donation to the charity we’re supporting with the event, the Campaign Against Living Miserably.
Right now ticket sales are really low and without your help, we’ll have to cancel the event.
I’m hoping you can help make this event succeed by doing one or both of two things:
- register if it’s of interest to you
- recommend it to others
[button text=”REGISTER” color=”orange” link=”https://battleofthebeards.eventbrite.co.uk”] [button text=”TWEET” color=”blue” link=”https://twitter.com/home?status=Hey%20%23tweeps%20-%20%23battleofthebeards%20is%20on%20March%2029th%20in%20Cardiff.%20You%20should%20check%20it%20out!%0Abattleofthebeards.eventbrite.co.uk”]
Here’s the low-down on the conference:
- Battle of the Beards
- March 29th
- Cardiff Bierkeller
- You don’t have to attend for the whole day if only part of the event is of interest to you
- No beards required!
- twitter: @battlingbeards
- Powershell: A Beards Favourite Shell
- Up the Stack: A brief history of infrastructure abstraction
- JS Calendars – The Long Way
- Upgrading your CSS with PostCSS
- It’s (still) okay to be pragmatic!
- Thinking Securely
- Static Code Analysis: What the Tool Vendors Don’t Want You to Know…
- Making a Men’s Health Data Viz…
- Mood-logging the home workspace
- Jekyll and Hub