A fortnight ago I wrote Dear South Wales & Bristol readers: I need your help as Battle of the Beards was failing. Well, we didn’t manage to make it to the minimum amount of attendees to go forward with it and on Thursday it looked like I was going to have to cancel it.
Then inspiration struck … the major reasons why maybe people didn’t want to attend are:
- Too far to travel
- Hard to get a day off work
- Not interested in all the talks
What would make it so people didn’t have to travel, could watch from work, and see only the sessions they’re interested in? Making it an online conference!
The people who have already bought tickets will still be able to have a mini-conference as CPS Group will kindly host us for the day. Some speakers will be on site, others will be presenting remotely, and now anyone can buy a ticket to watch the talks during the day.
So if you want to catch some awesome speakers and raise some money to fight male suicide, you can grab a ticket now.
- 09:00 – Opening Remarks
- 09:35 – Powershell: A Beards Favourite Shell
- 10:10 – Shaven, Not Stirred – Hacking SQL Server
- 11:00 – JS Calendars – The Long Way
- 11:35 – Upgrading your CSS with PostCSS
- 12:30 – It’s (still) okay to be pragmatic!
- 13:05 – Thinking Securely
- 14:30 – Static Code Analysis: What the Tool Vendors Don’t Want You to Know…
- 15:05 – Making a Men’s Health Data Viz…
- 15:55 – Mood-logging the home workspace
- 16:30 – Jekyll and Hub